Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2013 Virginia governor debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2013 Virginia gubernatorial debates (number of quotes indicated):
- Ken Cuccinelli (12) Virginia Republican Challenger
- Terry McAuliffe (6) Virginia Democratic Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Virginia Gubernatorial debates
- July 21, 2013: Debate sponsored by the Virginia Bar Association and held at the landmark Omni Homestead Resort in western Virginia, broadcast live.
- 7/21/13: Coverage of debate by Richmond Times-Dispatch and Washington Post
- PolitiFact.com coverage, Jan. 13, Jan. 28, and March 7, 2013
- New York Times coverage April 26, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Ken Cuccinelli: I believe life begins at conception.
Ken Cuccinelli: No new abortion restrictions as governor.
Terry McAuliffe: Supports abortion rights.
Ken Cuccinelli: Traditional marriage ought to be protected.
Ken Cuccinelli: Homosexuality is against nature and harmful to society.
Terry McAuliffe: Supports marriage equality for gays.
Energy & Oil|
Terry McAuliffe: Co-founded GreenTech electric car company, in Mississippi.
Terry McAuliffe: 2012: Started GreenTech electric car company & soon resigned.
Ken Cuccinelli: Opposes tailpipe emission rules for CO2 reductions.
Ken Cuccinelli: Kill rats around Occupy DC camps; don't move them to VA.
Ken Cuccinelli: EPA should stand for "the Employment Prevention Agency".
Ken Cuccinelli: Opposes ObamaCare and opposes delaying its implementation.
Terry McAuliffe: Supports ObamaCare's expanding the state's Medicaid program.
Ken Cuccinelli: Challenged & won on Constitutionality of ObamaCare's mandate.
Ken Cuccinelli: ObamaCare has 6 years of costs vs. 10 years of tax revenue.
Ken Cuccinelli: Path to citizenship ok as part of compromise.
Terry McAuliffe: Support the DREAM Act for legalizing minors.
Ken Cuccinelli: Cut taxes by $1.4 billion a year.
The above quotations are from 2013 Virginia governor debates.
2014 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)