Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harm’s Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Missouri Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 MO Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Catherine Hanaway (2) Missouri Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Chris Koster (20) Missouri Democratic challenger for Governor
- Eric Greitens (16) Missouri Republican Governor (resigned)
- Jay Nixon (1) Missouri Democratic Governor (term-limited 2016)
- John Brunner (9) Missouri Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Peter Kinder (14) Missouri Republican challenger for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Missouri Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Associated Press in Washington Post, "Governor hopefuls distancing themselves from Clinton & Trump", by David A. Lieb, October 1 2016
- NevadaDailyMail.com, "Greitens talks about Muslim immigrants and public safety", by Johannes Brann, July 20th, 2016
- PolitiFact.com, "Koster right about $50 million on the line with tobacco loophole", by Andrew Kessel, May 6th, 2016
- Facebook post, "Right-to-work is an attack on working people", on MissouriansForKoster, April 24th, 2016
- Kansas City Star, "SJR 39 religious freedom measure," by Steve Kraske, April 19, 2016
- Buffalo Reflex, "Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder on SJR 39: ‘Let the people decide’ ", April 14, 2016
- KOMU.com, "Missouri GOP candidates answer viewer questions in debate", by KOMU staff, March 18th, 2016
- LtGov.mo.gov, "Lt. Governor Kinder calls on Gov. Nixon to halt immigration of Syrians to Missouri", by Peter Kinder, November 16th, 2015
- Attorney General's office press release, "Lawsuit challenging EPA's new carbon emission regulations", 10/9/2015
- Kansas City Star, "Attorney General's report on Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region and Southwest Missouri", by Barbara Shelly, 9/28/15
- The Missouri Times, "Hold Hearings On Planned Parenthood", press release by Peter Kinder campaign, July 16, 2015
- The Missouri Times, "Koster sues EPA over new 'waters' rule", by Colin Reischmann, June 29, 2015
- Associated Press, "Guilty on Medicaid abuse", June 18, 2015
- St. Louis Public Radio, "Politically Speaking: After 2012 loss, John Brunner talks", May 3, 2015
- St. Louis Riverfront Times, "Abortions, Unwed Mothers Lead to Child Pornography", by Lindsay Toler, February 4, 2015
- Kansas City Star, by Steve Kraske, October 17, 2014
- St. Louis Today, "Business friendly state", by Chris Koster, February 18, 2014
- Kansas City Star, "Anti-meth effort takes aim", 3/13/2013
- StLBeacon.org, "Major figures, major money swoop into Missouri's hot GOP Senate contest", by Jo Mannies, August 3rd, 2012
- Ozarks First, "Koster files brief on Arizona immigration law", 11/4/2010
- StLBeacon.org, "To spend or not to spend? Stimulus money puts Missouri GOP in a quandary", by Jason Rosenbaum, February 20th, 2009
- PatriotLedger.com, "Missourians urged to continue alternative energy efforts", by Wes Franklin, November 29th, 2007
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Brunner: Fight back against judges dictating values on our churches.
Eric Greitens: Every life is precious; defend & promote life.
Chris Koster: Planned Parenthood didn't illegally dispose of fetal tissue.
Peter Kinder: Investigate organizations harvesting aborted babies' parts.
Budget & Economy|
Chris Koster: Invest $2 billion and create up to 40,000 new jobs.
Peter Kinder: Make Missouri competitive again, by cutting spending.
Eric Greitens: Government over-regulates, over-spends, & over-reaches.
Peter Kinder: No federal say over trans-gendered bathroom laws.
Catherine Hanaway: Support SJR39: Religious liberty trumps gay marriage.
Chris Koster: Oppose SJR39: gay discrimination isn't religious liberty.
Eric Greitens: Anti-gay "religious liberty" amendment threatens jobs.
John Brunner: Let clergy choose to decline to perform gay marriages.
Chris Koster: Equality and inclusion should include same-sex couples.
Chris Koster: Gay marriage is another step toward inclusion and equality.
Jay Nixon: Same-sex marriage is a major victory for equality.
Chris Koster: Judges can allow same-sex marriage despite voter amendment.
Peter Kinder: Work together to try and make the stimulus work for Missouri.
Eric Greitens: Get first responders needed training, equipment, & support.
Chris Koster: Deliver justice to those who break our laws.
Peter Kinder: Preserve law & order, even when there are riots & looting.
Eric Greitens: Supports legalizing medical marijuana for kids with epilepsy.
John Brunner: Open to more research about marijuana, nut not legalization.
Peter Kinder: Supports legalizing medical marijuana under a doctor's order.
Chris Koster: Helping meth cooks get ingredients leads to jail.
Chris Koster: Increase our investment in education.
John Brunner: Reject federal Common Core standards.
Eric Greitens: Strongly oppose Common Core; no bureaucrats in charge.
Chris Koster: 2007: Left GOP to support high-quality public schools.
Peter Kinder: Fight for school choice & charter schools.
Energy & Oil|
Chris Koster: New EPA regulations on CO2 emissions are federal overreach.
Peter Kinder: The world has embraced renewable energy; this is the future.
Peter Kinder: The EPA should respect the limits set by Congress.
Eric Greitens: EPA overreach hurts family farms.
Chris Koster: Sue the EPA for over-expanding Clean Water Act.
Families & Children|
Catherine Hanaway: Children before marriage has impoverished women & children.
Eric Greitens: Cut red tape, cut back regulations.
John Brunner: Eliminate inefficient, outdated and ineffective programs.
Eric Greitens: Ban gifts from lobbyists; close revolving door; limit terms.
Chris Koster: Endorsed by NRA; overrode veto of gun rights.
Eric Greitens: Protect our freedoms, including the Second Amendment.
Eric Greitens: Defend right of law-abiding citizens to bear arms.
Peter Kinder: Led fight to pass right to carry law.
Chris Koster: Supported voter amendment on right to bear arms.
John Brunner: Spur competition instead of ObamaCare.
Chris Koster: Closed "tobacco loophole": $50M more in cigarette settlement.
Peter Kinder: Led lawsuit by 21 states against ObamaCare.
Chris Koster: ObamaCare generates jobs as well as cuts healthcare costs.
Chris Koster: Expanding Medicaid provides immediate fiscal stimulus.
Peter Kinder: Keep Guantanamo open; terrorists are not typical criminals.
Eric Greitens: Make Missouri the best state in America for veterans.
Eric Greitens: Gave examples of Muslim immigration that has been positive.
Peter Kinder: Ask to halt immigration of Syrians to Missouri.
Chris Koster: Strengthen laws against hiring illegal aliens.
Chris Koster: Right-to-work is an attack on working people.
Principles & Values|
Peter Kinder: Amend constitution to protect religious liberties.
Eric Greitens: Protect the religious liberties of all Missourians.
John Brunner: Lost 2012 primary to Todd Akin, who then lost Senate race.
John Brunner: Gradually raise the Social Security retirement age.