Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Rhode Island Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 RI Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Allan Fung (19) Rhode Island Republican candidate for governor of Rhode Island
- Gina Raimondo (3) Rhode Island Democratic Governor
- Patricia Morgan (2) Rhode Island Republican candidate for Rhode Island Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Rhode Island 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Week newsmagazine: "America's rethinking of history is getting ahistorical," by Bonnie Kristian, June 25, 2020
- Providence Journal, "R.I. governor to propose legalizing recreational marijuana," by Tom Mooney, Jan 13, 2019
- Providence Journal, “Candidates for Governor Exchange Charges of Corruption,” by Patrick Anderson, Sep 27, 2018
- Providence Journal, "RI governor moves to strengthen school gun ban," by Linda Borg & Tom Mooney, Aug 30, 2018
- WPRO 99.7FM News Talk, "GOP candidates face off in first debate," by Tessa Roy, August 22, 2018
- WPRI 12 Eyewitness News, "Fung promises to fight illegal immigration, crime if elected," by Ted Nesi, 8/15/2018
- Washington Times, "Cranston will help immigration agents, unlike other cities," August 10, 2018
- Forbes magazine, "Voters Will Decide Whether Rhode Island Governor Has Delivered," by Daniel D'Ambrosio, Aug 7, 2018
- Forbes magazine: "How Rhode Island Is Sparking Another Industrial Revolution," Daniel D'Ambrosio, Jul 5, 2018
- Providence Journal, "Fung facing criticism from all sides over gun stance," by Patrick Anderson, February 28, 2018
- WPRI 12 Eyewitness News, "RI Republicans give cautious support to sweeping tax bill," by Ted Nesi, December 18, 2017
- , "Gov. Raimondo signs bills to support the state's veterans," November 8, 2017
- Cranston Herald, "Fung opens up about upcoming campaign for Governor," by Ethan Hartley, November 2, 2017
- Governing Magazine, "Criminal Justice Reforms Mark 'a Turning Point' for Rhode Island," by Katie Mulvaney, October 6, 2017
- BrennanCenter.org, "Rhode Island Becomes Ninth State to Adopt Automatic Voter Registration," July 19, 2017
- RI Public Radio 88.1 FM, "Mayor Fung Inaugurated For Fourth And Final Term," by John Bender, January 2, 2017
- New York Post: "First offshore wind farm in US opens off coast of Rhode Island," December 12, 2016
- EcoRi News, "Cranston Divided Between Solar Farm and Open Space," by Tim Faulkner, November 8, 2015
- RI Public Radio 88.1 FM, "Next Governor Faces Environmental Challenges," by Ambar Espinoza, October 24, 2014
- Providence Journal, "As abortion becomes issue, Fung explains his stance," by Katherine Gregg, Oct. 2, 2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Allan Fung: Supports woman's restricted right to make medical decisions.
Allan Fung: Pro-choice position but supports a no-abortion health option.
Allan Fung: Lower costs to business helps them grow.
Patricia Morgan: Ran air charter/flight school at Green Airport for 10 years.
Allan Fung: History of creating jobs; he won't forget small businesses.
Allan Fung: Strong stance against crime; we need accountability.
Gina Raimondo: Legalize marijuana, since we're surrounded by legal states.
Allan Fung: Opioid epidemic needs more programs & preventative education.
Allan Fung: Choice in schools; plus funding for technical education.
Energy & Oil|
Allan Fung: Won zoning for large scale solar installation on farmland.
Allan Fung: Supports protecting open space, working farms, & waterways.
Allan Fung: Internal department to audit fraud, waste and corruption.
Allan Fung: State funding for armed police at all schools.
Gina Raimondo: Ban all firearms from public school buildings and grounds.
Patricia Morgan: Upgrade security measures in schools instead of banning guns.
Allan Fung: Against assault rifle ban.
Allan Fung: The CBO validated fears of Obamacare being a job killer.
Allan Fung: Property tax exemptions for disabled veterans.
Allan Fung: Federal authorities notified on illegal immigrants releases.
Gina Raimondo: Touts unemployment rate of 4.3%, lowest rate since 2001.
Principles & Values|
Allan Fung: Condemned with IFFY award for running "Issue-Free" campaign.
Allan Fung: For federal tax reform; will lower state and local taxes.
Allan Fung: Will make infrastructure a top priority in his final term.
Welfare & Poverty|
Allan Fung: More work/volunteer requirements in welfare benefits.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Allan Fung Rhode Island Republican candidate for governor of Rhode Island
- Gina Raimondo Rhode Island Democratic Governor
- Patricia Morgan Rhode Island Republican candidate for Rhode Island Governor
The above quotations are from 2018 Rhode Island Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)