Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Virginia Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 VA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Corey Stewart (37) Republican candidate for Virginia U.S. Senator Virginia
- Mark Warner (1) Virginia Former Democratic Governor (2002-2006); elected Senator 2008
- Nick Freitas (16) Republican candidate for Virginia U. S. Senator Virginia
- Patrick Morrisey (1) Republican candidate for West Virginia U.S. Senator West Virginia
- Tim Kaine (21) Virginia Democratic Nominee for Vice President
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Virginia 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- PoltiicalWire.com, “Warner Reverses Himself on Assault Weapons Ban,” by Taegan Goddard, October 2, 2018
- PoliticalWire.com, "Stewart Praised Southern Secession," by Taegan Goddard, August 8, 2018
- Medium.com, "Freitas' Viral Speech in the Gun Control Debate," by Alice Atalanta, March 7, 2018
- Washington Examiner, "Connecting 'abortion industry' to mass shootings," by Daniel Chaitin, March 2, 2018
- InsideNova.com, "Freitas brings Senate campaign to Manassas," by Alex Koma, Dec. 25, 2017
- Culpeper Star Exponent, "Freitas vows to maximize individual freedoms," October 26, 2017
- Washington Post, "Politicians of all stripes condemn white nationalists--except one," by Laura Vozzella & Fenit Nirappil, Aug.13 2017
- Orange County Review, "30th District Richmond Report," by Nick Freitas, July 19, 2017
- CNN, "Stewart announces 'vicious, ruthless' 2018 bid for Kaine's seat," by Grace Hauck and Liz Stark, July 13, 2017
- WVTF, "Meet the Candidates for Governor: Republican Corey Stewart," by Sandy Hausman, June 6, 2017
- Washington Blade, "Gubernatorial candidates make anti-trans comments," by Michael K. Lavers, April 5, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Corey Stewart: No exceptions for rape, incest, or maternal life.
Tim Kaine: Planned Parenthood funding is critical part of safety net.
Corey Stewart: Abortion is a woman's unrestricted righ.
Nick Freitas: Blames abortion industry for broken homes & criminal society.
Budget & Economy|
Corey Stewart: Opposes federal spending as economic stimulus.
Corey Stewart: Market-led recovery better than stimulus.
Nick Freitas: Budgets must come from a place of transparency and frugality.
Corey Stewart: Stop brainwashing school children with the Homosexual Agenda.
Tim Kaine: We're still fighting for full LGBT equality.
Corey Stewart: Protect Confederate monuments.
Tim Kaine: Redefine VA as rainbow coalition instead of Unite the Right.
Corey Stewart: 2017: praised Virginia decision to secede during Civil War.
Corey Stewart: Strongly supports traditional marriage.
Corey Stewart: Unfair to condemn only white nationalists.
Corey Stewart: Transgenderism is despicable.
Nick Freitas: Lower corporate taxes will trickle down to workers.
Nick Freitas: Will fight for tax reform that limits red tape on business.
Tim Kaine: Systemic racial inequities in the criminal justice system.
Corey Stewart: Stricter punishment for violent crimes.
Corey Stewart: Decriminalize marijuana but don't legalize.
Tim Kaine: Decriminalize marijuana federally; respect states' rights.
Nick Freitas: Environmentally-friendly hemp could be a money maker crop.
Nick Freitas: Treatment for drug addicts and more rehab centers.
Corey Stewart: Marijuana decriminalization but not legalization.
Corey Stewart: Give parents as many choices as possible, including vouchers.
Tim Kaine: Allow Pell Grants to cover short-term training.
Tim Kaine: Fight efforts to divert public funding to private schools.
Corey Stewart: Vouchers for school choice.
Nick Freitas: Wants Common Core out of the educational system.
Energy & Oil|
Corey Stewart: Theory of man-made climate change is a hoax.
Tim Kaine: Climate change imperils our planet's future.
Corey Stewart: Climate accord regulations are nonsensical.
Corey Stewart: Excess environmental regulation costs jobs.
Tim Kaine: Extreme concern over cuts to EPA.
Corey Stewart: Fight EPA regulatory over-reach.
Patrick Morrisey: EPA exceeds its authority on Clean Water & Cross-State Air.
Families & Children|
Nick Freitas: Families start before birth and everyone has worth.
Corey Stewart: Support American Exceptionalism.
Corey Stewart: Trump's Chinese tariffs are right on.
Tim Kaine: Trump's Chinese tariffs are killing jobs.
Corey Stewart: Free trade only if the US is being treated fairly.
Corey Stewart: Opposes regulation of campaign donations.
Tim Kaine: Expand early voting & general ballot access.
Tim Kaine: Reverse Citizens United; it erodes democracy.
Nick Freitas: Use originalism to faithfully interpret Constitutional text.
Corey Stewart: Gave away a semi-automatic rifle in campaign raffle.
Tim Kaine: Ban assault weapons, high-capacity ammo, & bump stocks.
Mark Warner: Support assault weapons ban plus background checks.
Corey Stewart: Absolute right to gun ownership.
Nick Freitas: Unapologetic firm supporter of 2nd Amendment rights.
Corey Stewart: ObamaCare has failed; Medicaid expansion is major disaster.
Tim Kaine: Praised Virginia's Medicaid expansion.
Corey Stewart: Oppose ObamaCare.
Nick Freitas: Wants all government restrictions taken out of health care.
Corey Stewart: Full repeal of ObamaCare.
Corey Stewart: Expand the military.
Nick Freitas: Help our veterans with reentry into civilian life.
Corey Stewart: Illegal immigration threatens America's security & jobs.
Tim Kaine: Comprehensive immigration reform to protect DREAMers.
Corey Stewart: Oppose pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens.
Nick Freitas: Supports stronger borders and a merit-based entry policy.
Tim Kaine: Raise minimum wage from $7.25/hr to $15.
Principles & Values|
Corey Stewart: Keep God in the public sphere.
Nick Freitas: First and foremost a Christian, for liberty and equality.
Corey Stewart: Lifting cap would increase taxes on the little guy.
Tim Kaine: Lift cap above $128,000 to make Trust Fund solvent.
Corey Stewart: Lowering taxes is the key to prosperity.
Tim Kaine: Trump tax cuts explode deficit & only benefit the wealthy.
Corey Stewart: The wealthy are already disproportionately taxed.
Tim Kaine: Protect Net Neutrality (equal access to Internet).
Tim Kaine: Transportation infrastructure spending as economic stimulus.
Nick Freitas: Government barriers to expanding technology must be stopped.
War & Peace|
Corey Stewart: Iran continues to be a state-sponsor of terrorism.
Tim Kaine: Withdrawing from Iran nuke treaty weakens alliances.
Corey Stewart: Avoid foreign entanglements.
Welfare & Poverty|
Nick Freitas: Cites welfare handouts as major reason for family breakdown.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Corey Stewart Republican candidate for Virginia U.S. Senator Virginia
- Mark Warner Virginia Former Democratic Governor (2002-2006); elected Senator 2008
- Nick Freitas Republican candidate for Virginia U. S. Senator Virginia
- Patrick Morrisey Republican candidate for West Virginia U.S. Senator West Virginia
- Tim Kaine Virginia Democratic Nominee for Vice President
The above quotations are from 2018 Virginia Senate race: debates and news coverage.