Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Alabama Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 AL Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Arnold Mooney (4) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Bradley Byrne (6) Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Doug Jones (7) Democratic candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Alabama 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Montgomery Advertiser, "Doug Jones in a bind over Trump impeachment furor," by Kim Chandler, Oct. 10, 2019
- YellowHammerNews.com , "Senate hopeful talks immigration, culture, fiscal responsibility," by Jeff Poor, 7/12/2019
- Yellow Hammer News, "Byrne education proposal featured in Trump's budget proposal," by Sean Ross, July 2019
- WHNT-19 News, "Jones frustrated by lack of Senate action on 'military widow's tax'," by Brian Lawson, June 27, 2019
- Opelika Observer, "Jones urges DoD to select Huntsville as Space Command Headquarters," June 18, 2019
- Montgomery Advertiser, "Mooney to seek GOP nomination for U.S. Senate," Brian Lyman, May 6, 2019
- WHNT-19 News, "Sen. Jones says voter protection not a partisan issue," by Brian Lawson, March 28, 2019
- Alabama Today, "Giving our students the best education possible," by Bradley Byrne, March 11, 2019
- Birmingham News, "Bradley Byrne sponsors federal school choice bill," by Trisha Powell Crain, Feb 28, 2019
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection: Survey responses by Arnold Mooney, 2019
- RollCall.com, "Jones Tells LGBT Staffers He's Discouraged by Trends in Alabama," Griffin Connolly, Apr 13, 2018
- Birmingham News, "Jones' gay son gives VP Pence withering look at father's Senate swearing-in," by Leada Gore, 1/4/18
- NBC News, "Moore vs. Jones: Where the Alabama Senate candidates stand on the issues," by Jane C. Timm, Dec. 12, 2017
- The Economist, Transcript: An interview with Doug Jones," Nov 16 2017
- Birmingham News, "AL congressional delegation widely pans same-sex marriage decision," by Howard Koplowitz, Jun 26, 2015
- Birmingham News, "Byrne: States free to legalize same-sex marriage; just don't force AL," by Brendan Kirby, Feb 18, 2014
- Birmingham News, "Byrne, Young discuss Obama, gay marriage, religion and the delta," by Cassie Fambro, Oct 21, 2013
- (More citations and excerpts to follow when available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Arnold Mooney: Pro-life and pro-family.
Doug Jones: Protecting voting rights shouldn't be partisan issue.
Doug Jones: Co-sponsored civil rights protections for LGBTQ people.
Doug Jones: Endorsed of Human Rights Campaign.
Bradley Byrne: States should be free to decide on gay marriage.
Doug Jones: Gay son celebrates Jones' swearing in as senator.
Bradley Byrne: Marriage is defined as one man and one woman.
Bradley Byrne: Supreme Court should not define marriage for states.
Arnold Mooney: Repeal Common Core.
Bradley Byrne: Byrne picked to introduce Trump-backed education bill.
Bradley Byrne: Wants private school tax credit, but supports public schools.
Bradley Byrne: Bill allows tax credits for private K-12 scholarships.
Arnold Mooney: Right to bear arms.
Arnold Mooney: Free market healthcare.
Principles & Values|
Doug Jones: Christians take care of people, without discriminating.
Doug Jones: Led bipartisan effort to repeal "military widow's tax".
Doug Jones: Urges Huntsville as HQ for Space Command.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Arnold Mooney Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Bradley Byrne Republican 2020 Senate Challenger Alabama
- Doug Jones Democratic candidate for Alabama U.S. Senator Alabama
The above quotations are from 2020 Alabama Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.