Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
CNN Town Hall on eve of 2020 South Carolina primary
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CNN 2020 S.C. Town Hall (number of quotes indicated):
- Joe Biden (10)
- Mike Bloomberg (5)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Each Town Hall interview took place separately (one candidate at a time). with audience questions.
Joe Biden wore ashes for Ash Wednesday (Feb. 26) at public appearances, and some in the press misinterpreted the ashes as a bruise.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Joe Biden: Under 2009 Recovery Act, we had one place to call.
Joe Biden: Made commitment to have women on Senate Judiciary Committee.
Mike Bloomberg: End forced arbitration, like I do in my companies.
Joe Biden: 1994 Crime bill had community policing and crime went down.
Mike Bloomberg: Makeup of police department should reflect city population.
Joe Biden: Drugs don't cause mental health issues; it's the reverse.
Joe Biden: Your zip code shouldn't matter in access to a good education.
Families & Children|
Mike Bloomberg: Create good alternatives for kids so they avoid guns & crime.
Joe Biden: Coronavirus: Deal with health crisis before economic crisis.
Joe Biden: Coronavirus: Use Defense Production Act for needs.
Joe Biden: Universal paid sick leave' $15 minimum wage; support unions.
Principles & Values|
Joe Biden: Coronavirus: Trump should do his job, not personalize it.
Joe Biden: Leadership: reassure, rely on experts, management.
Mike Bloomberg: If elected will put company into blind trust and sell it.
Welfare & Poverty|
Mike Bloomberg: Put more bank branches in minority neighborhoods.
The above quotations are from CNN Town Hall on eve of 2020 South Carolina primary.
Debates and Surveys in the 2020 Democratic Primary:
Surveys and other coverage of the Democratic Primary:
- 11th Democratic Debate, one-on-one between Biden and Sanders, March 15, 2020
- 10th Democratic Debate, between South Carolina primary and Super Tuesday, Feb. 25 2020
- Feb. 2020 Democratic Debate (9th Debate) on eve of the Nevada caucus, Feb. 19 2020
- February Democratic candidates debate in N.H., (Feb. 7, 2020)
- CNN New Hampshire Town Halls (Feb. 5-6, 2020)
- January Democratic candidates debate in Des Moines, (Jan. 14, 2020)
- December Democratic candidates debate at UCLA, (Dec. 19, 2019)
- November Democratic candidates debate in Atlanta, (Nov. 20, 2019)
- October Democratic candidates debate in Ohio, (Oct. 15, 2019)
- CNN LGBT Town Hall (Oct. 10, 2019)
- Business Insider Republican candidates debate, (Sept. 24, 2019)
- September Democratic candidates debate in Houston, (Sept. 12, 2019)
- CNN Climate Town Hall (Sept. 4, 2019)
- July Democratic candidates debate in Detroit (July 30-31, 2019)
- June Democratic candidates debate in Miami, (June 26-27, 2019)
- CNN Town Halls (April-May, 2019)
- Survey of 2020 Presidential campaign websites
- Politico 2020Dems Presidential survey
- NPR Morning Edition 2020 Presidential survey
- CNN Kfile, investigative reporting on presidential contenders
- Jacobin Magazine, socialist perspectives on presidential contenders
- CNN Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- Fox Town Halls, with presidential contenders
- 2020 Presidential Hopefuls by OnTheIssues.org
Books by 2020 Presidential hopefuls:
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris (2019)
- Shortest Way Home, by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
- The Mueller Report, investigation and commentary (2019)
- From the Ground Up, by Howard Schultz (2019)
- Where We Go From Here, by Bernie Sanders (2018)
- The Right Answer, by John Delaney (2018)
- An Unlikely Journey, by Julian Castro (2018)
- Healing the Soul of America, by Marianne Williamson (2018)
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden (2017)
- This Fight Is Our Fight by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
- The Making of Donald Trump by David Cay Johnston (2017)
- United, by Cory Booker (2016)
- The Opposite of Woe, by John Hickenlooper (2016)
- The Senator Next Door, by Amy Klobuchar (2015)
- Off the Sidelines, Kirsten Gillibrand (2014)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Beto O'Rourke (2011)
Page last edited: Nov 30, 2020