Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Colorado Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 CO Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Alice Madden (7) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Andrew Romanoff (4) Democratic 2020 Challenger Colorado
- Cory Gardner (1) Republican Senate challenger Colorado
- Dan Baer (6) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Michael Bennet (1) Colorado Democratic candidate for President; Colorado Senator
- Mike Johnston (2) Colorado Democratic candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Colorado 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Westword.com, "Alice Madden Drops Out of High-Profile Colorado Race," by Michael Roberts. October 11, 2019
- Westword.com, "Angela Williams on Emerging From the Crowd," by Michael Roberts, August 15, 2019
- Westword.com, "Dan Baer on Growing Up Gay," by Michael Roberts, April 30, 2019
- Westword.com, "The Death Penalty Is Incredibly Racist in How It's Applied, March 9, 2019
- Cannabis Economy, "Encounter with Sessions on Cannabis Economy podcast", Feb. 11, 2019
- Westword.com, "Alice Madden on Her Plan to Unseat Cory Gardner," by Michael Roberts, July 31, 2019
- KCSU 90.5-FM, "An Interview with Mike Johnston," by Zay Reyes, June 25, 2018
- Denver Post, "This white man, Sen. Mike Johnston, writes a letter to a black Denver church," by Lynn Bartels, June 18, 2015
- ColoradoPolitics.com, "Romanoff and iDE seek long-term free market solution to poverty," by Peter Marcus, Oct 11, 2011
- Colorado Independent, " Romanoff defends record on Social Security against Bennet attacks," by Joseph Boven, July 29, 2010
- Denver Post, "A conversation with Andrew Romanoff," July 23, 2010
- Denver Post, "Romanoff favors taxing Social Security wages over $100,000," by Michael Booth, May 18, 2010
- (More citations and excerpts to follow when available)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Andrew Romanoff: Targeted investments good, but crazy to go deeper in debt.
Dan Baer: I'm luckyto have grown up gay, but there's still work to do.
Cory Gardner: After seeing legal pot in CO, supports it for all states.
Mike Johnston: Focus on treatment for addiction, not criminalization.
Alice Madden: Drive more money into K-12 and higher education.
Dan Baer: Education is a social benefit & an investment in our country.
Energy & Oil|
Alice Madden: Dire need to forge solutions to the climate crisis.
Alice Madden: Sense of urgency to act on addressing climate change.
Dan Baer: Address climate change, but not the Green New Deal.
Alice Madden: Sense of urgency to act on saving the environment.
Dan Baer: Served as US ambassador to OSCE & multilateral organizations.
Dan Baer: Tackle corruption and role of big money in politics.
Alice Madden: Gun safety in the wake of school shootings.
Alice Madden: Grow toward a public option.
Dan Baer: Address insurance non-coverage, but no single-payer system.
Principles & Values|
Alice Madden: Withdrew from race when former governor declared candidacy.
Mike Johnston: Reached out to local church after S.C. shootings.
Andrew Romanoff: Optional personal retirement accounts, but no privatization.
Michael Bennet: Optional personal retirement accounts ARE privatization.
Andrew Romanoff: Raise cap on income subject to Social Security tax.
Welfare & Poverty|
Andrew Romanoff: Advised group on free market solutions to poverty.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Alice Madden Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Andrew Romanoff Democratic 2020 Challenger Colorado
- Cory Gardner Republican Senate challenger Colorado
- Dan Baer Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Colorado
- Michael Bennet Colorado Democratic candidate for President; Colorado Senator
- Mike Johnston Colorado Democratic candidate for Governor
The above quotations are from 2020 Colorado Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)