Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Speeches at Conservative Political Action Conferences (2020s)
(Click for external website)
The American Conservative Union holds the "CPAC Conference" annually, with a wide range of conservative speakers and candidates.
- The ACU conducts a "straw poll" at each CPAC conference, indicating preferences for the next Republican presidential primary. While indicative mostly of conservative sentiment, this poll is widely reported in the media.
- In 2021, for the first time, the ACU held two CPAC conferences: one in February and one in July, due to COVID restrictions.
- Dates and places for CPAC conferences in the 2020s:
- July 9-11, 2021: Dallas, Texas (Second Conference, "America UnCanceled")
- Feb. 25-28, 2021: Orlando, Florida (First Conference, "America Uncanceled")
- Feb. 26-29, 2020: National Harbor, Maryland; theme: "America vs. Socialism"
Conservative Political Action Conference citations (speech excerpts and news coverage):
- Dallas Morning News, "CPAC notebook: Rep. Louie Gohmert blames Jan. 6 riot on Democrats and a government conspiracy," by Todd J. Gillman and Michael Williams, Jul 11, 2021
- Fox News Politics, "Noem, at CPAC, argues country needs to 'fix damage' Biden is doing," by Paul Steinhauser, 7/11/21
- CNN.com, "Trump's false election claims persist at conservative gathering in Texas," by Maeve Reston and Sara Murray, July 11, 2021
- Rev.com: Donald Trump and Gov. Kristi Noem, CPAC 2021 Speech Transcripts Dallas, TX, Jul 11, 2021
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram, "Texas governor primary opponents Allen West, Don Huffines speak at CPAC in Dallas," by Eleanor Dearman, July 11, 2021
- Fox News, "Rep. Ken Buck says Republicans shouldn't take Big Tech donations or be 'influenced' by massive companies," by Tyler Olson, July 10, 2021
- The Post-Millennial blog, "CPAC asks: 'Who's running the Biden administration?'," by Nicole Russell, July 10, 2021
- Yahoo.com News, "Madison Cawthorn says Biden plan for door-to-door vaccine info could lead to Bibles and guns being confiscated," by Gustaf Kilander, July 10, 2021
- Business Insider, "Transphobic abuse hurled at Caitlyn Jenner at CPAC conference, called a 'sick freak' and deadnamed," by Alia Shoaib, Jul 11, 2021
- Dallas Morning News, "At CPAC, Biden's senility a given and Trump doctor says White House now 'assisted living facility'," by Todd J. Gillman, Jul 10, 2021
- Dallas Morning News, "Challenger Don Huffines blasts Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's record at Dallas CPAC convention," by Gromer Jeffers Jr., Jul 10, 2021
- The Birmingham News, "Mo Brooks tells CPAC crowd to fight like soldiers at Valley Forge," by Lee Roop, Jul 10, 2021
- Newsweek magazine, "GOP Senator Bill Hagerty Says 'China's Laughing All the Way to the Bank'," by Emma Mayer, 7/10/21
- Fox News, "AOC goes to bat against Rep. Boebert on 'good ol conservative values'," by Caitlin McFall, 7/10/21
- CNN FactCheck: "Fact checking CPAC: speakers make false claims about the election, the Capitol attack, immigration, Covid, and The Muppets," by Daniel Dale, Tara Subramaniam, Holmes Lybrand and Andrew Millman, February 27, 2021
- Remarks at CPAC Conference on Feb 27, 2021 by Dan Bongino, Gov. Kristi Noem,
- Remarks at CPAC Conference on Feb 26, 2021 by Sen. Josh Hawley, Rep. Madison Cawthorne, Sen. Mike Lee, Rep. Ted Budd, Sen. Ted Cruz, Sen. Tom Cotton, Gov. Ron DeSantis, Sen. James Lankford
- Tampa Bay Times, "DeSantis at CPAC: Florida's an 'oasis of freedom,' but no mention of Trump," by Alex Daugherty, Feb. 26, 2021
- Remarks by President Trump at the 2020 CPAC Conference Feb 29, 2020
- Remarks at CPAC Conference on Feb 28, 2020 by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
- Remarks at CPAC Conference on Feb 27, 2020 by V.P. Mike Pence
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mike Pompeo: Most pro-life administration in history of the United States.
Mike Pompeo: Abortion isn't a human right; it takes a human life.
Mike Pence: Trump is the most pro-life president in American history.
Budget & Economy|
Madison Cawthorne: Not going to promise you free things; I offer your freedom.
Donald Trump: Transgender protections destroying women's sports.
James Lankford: COVID: Treat churches the same as beauty shops & bars.
Ted Cruz: Worship however you like; that's the beauty of freedom.
Josh Hawley: I would start by breaking up the big tech corporations.
Donald Trump: No more estate tax on small farms, small business.
Louie Gohmert: People arrested for insurrection are political prisoners.
Tom Cotton: If you don't have security, you don't have anything.
Donald Trump: We will completely defund and bar critical race theory.
Kristi Noem: Signed 1776 Pledge; country does not have racism in its DNA.
Donald Trump: Biden has sold out America's children to the teachers unions.
Ted Budd: Far left wants to focus everything America got wrong.
Virginia Foxx: Powerful teachers unions have seized control of schools.
Donald Trump: Defend free speech on college campuses.
Mike Pence: Give parents right to choose: public, private, parochial.
Energy & Oil|
Donald Trump: Could have made a deal on Paris Accord but didn't want to.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: falsely blames windmills for Texas power outage.
Tudor Dixon: Fact Check: Falsely claimed wind and solar power unreliable.
Mike Pompeo: We won't make solar panels; Chinese panels will flood market.
Donald Trump: We've ended the war on American energy; we're independent.
Families & Children|
Donald Trump: Expanded child tax credit was pushed by Ivanka Trump.
Marsha Blackburn: Stand against Big Tech aiding Chinese Communist Party.
Donald Trump: Coronavirus: We can help Iran, all they have to do is ask.
Mike Pompeo: Dangerous agreements like Iran's made us less safe.
Mike Pence: The world knows this: America stands with Israel.
Bill Hagerty: Biden making us dependent on China for solar & wind.
Donald Trump: Trumpism means great trade deals.
Donald Trump: No other president ever thought of imposing tariffs on China.
Mike Pence: China's on notice that the era of economic surrender is over.
Caitlyn Jenner: If we lose election integrity, we lose everything.
Donald Trump: Only one election day, and limit absentee ballot access.
Donald Trump: HR 1 election reform bill: this monster must be stopped.
James Lankford: Urges states to repeal bans on funding of religious schools.
Josh Hawley: We ought to have a debate election integrity.
Ron DeSantis: Ban ballot harvesting, outside groups interfering.
Mike Pence: Impeachment 2020: Trump was acquitted forever.
Mike Pompeo: Second Amendment builds communities & strong families.
Ted Cruz: No rioters came to Houston because of Second Amendment.
Donald Trump: I aced a cognitive test; doctor never saw anybody ace it.
Kristi Noem: COVID: We didn't mandate; we trusted our people.
Louie Gohmert: Florida is oasis of freedom in nation of oppressive lockdown.
Madison Cawthorn: They'll use door-to-door vaccine visits against Bible & guns.
Ronny Jackson: Administered "cognitive test" to Trump; Biden should too.
Kristi Noem: COVID didn't crash the economy; government crushed it.
Ron DeSantis: COVID: We got it right and the lock down states got it wrong.
Mike Pence: COVID: February 2020--We're ready for anything.
Ted Cruz: Protecting US Capitol is "political theater".
Mike Pence: We've made the strongest military in history of the world.
Donald Trump: Border is the single greatest disaster in American history.
Kristi Noem: First governor to send National Guard to southern border.
Don Huffines: Federal government never has & never will secure the border.
Jodey Arrington: Chaos at the border shameful: an international embarrassment.
Josh Hawley: We believe in borders because we believe in citizenship.
Ron DeSantis: Against open borders, amnesty, cheap foreign labor.
Tom Cotton: Why are they undocumented? Because they're illegal.
Donald Trump: Countless Americans are killed every year by criminal aliens.
Donald Trump: Coronavirus: Border security is also health security.
Mike Pence: National security starts with border security.
Principles & Values|
Allen West: If you're a conservative in America, you are free.
Caitlyn Jenner: Ignored being "deadnamed" publicly at CPAC Convention.
Donald Trump: We will make America great again; it's very simple.
Kristi Noem: Better off than 95% of the world because you're in America.
Mo Brooks: We can surrender or we can fight back against socialists.
Jodey Arrington: Leftist ideology has permeated federal government.
Donald Trump: Our very identity as Americans is at stake.
Donald Trump: No other president had audience chant they love him.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: Claims GOP is growing as 30,000+ left.
Dan Bongino: You're not vanquished until you consider yourself defeated.
Kristi Noem: We're exceptional; no American should apologize for that.
Josh Hawley: America is the greatest nation in the history of the world.
Madison Cawthorne: Strong governments that fix problems can take your liberty.
Mike Lee: Government not a noble aspiration; just coercive force.
Ted Budd: Teach the next generation to love our country.
Ted Cruz: Liberty is under assault from the hard left; we will fight.
Tom Cotton: No more urgent task than simple, unapologetic patriotism.
Donald Trump: America is the greatest nation to ever exist.
Donald Trump: Desperate far-left radicals demand absolute conformity.
Mike Pompeo: God blessed US to stand for religious freedom.
Mike Pence: Socialism has failed everywhere it has been tried.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: GOP will dismantle any semblance of public safety net.
Lauren Boebert: We're here to tell government we don't want your benefits.
Donald Trump: Republicans shouldn't raise taxes for infrastructure deal.
Donald Trump: I filed a big class action lawsuit against big tech giants.
Jim Jordan: Radical antitrust legislation not the answer to censorship.
Ken Buck: Republicans should not take campaign donations from Big Tech.
Donald Trump: The time has come to break up big tech monopolies.
Marsha Blackburn: Protect user privacy: take away Section 230 from Big Tech.
Ron DeSantis: Hold big tech accountable for political censorship.
War & Peace|
Mike Pompeo: North Korean policy deterred missile tests & nuclear weapons.
Donald Trump: Withdrew from Syria, but left soldiers to keep the oil.
Welfare & Poverty|
Donald Trump: 9,000 Opportunities Zones are transforming neighborhoods.
The above quotations are from Speeches at Conservative Political Action Conferences (2020s).