Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Idaho Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 ID Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Jim Risch (11) Idaho Former Republican Governor (2006-2007); U.S. Senator
- Nancy Harris (11) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Idaho
- Paulette Jordan (12) Idaho Democratic candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Idaho 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Idaho Press, "Candidate surveys: U.S. Senate," May 12, 2020
- The Lewiston Tribune, "Democratic candidates say they put people over party," by William L. Spence, May 4, 2020
- The Idaho Press, "Jordan, Vandermaas appear in 1st installment of 'Idaho Debates'," by Betsy Z. Russell, May 2, 2020
- Idaho Statesman, "Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong," Associated Press, Nov. 27, 2019
- Idaho State Journal, "NOW activist makes bid for Risch's Senate seat," by Chuck Malloy, Sep 12, 2019
- Idaho Statesman, "Jim Risch is failing at his foreign policy role," by Nancy Harris, February 28, 2019
- Ballotpedia Candidate Connection: Survey responses by Nancy Harris, 2019
- Vote-USA.org Idaho Senate Guide (Jim Risch), 4/3/2008
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Paulette Jordan: Invest in infrastructure while interest rates are low.
Jim Risch: Government cannot replicate what businesses accomplish.
Paulette Jordan: Formed Idaho Voice, non-partisan voter rights group.
Nancy Harris: Protect the rights of LGBTQ+ individuals.
Jim Risch: States define marriage; Idaho prohibits same-sex.
Jim Risch: Hold criminals accountable & punish for crimes.
Nancy Harris: Protect public education from privatization.
Nancy Harris: Education without massive debt.
Jim Risch: Local decisions on education dollars, not federal.
Energy & Oil|
Paulette Jordan: Respect our land, combat corporate greed on climate change.
Paulette Jordan: Cap and trade, carbon fees on table for climate change.
Nancy Harris: Supports Green New Deal as galvanizing momentum for change.
Nancy Harris: Enjoy clean air & clean water of our mountains & streams.
Jim Risch: Manage public lands for multiple uses.
Jim Risch: Hold China accountable for erosion of Hong Kong's autonomy.
Jim Risch: OpEd: did nothing against Saudis for Khashoggi death.
Nancy Harris: Stand up to Saudis for Khashoggi death.
Paulette Jordan: Farmers want trade, not government bailouts.
Jim Risch: Second Amendment is individual right that must be maintained.
Paulette Jordan: Healthcare should be patient-centered, not profit-centered.
Nancy Harris: Supported Medicare for All; regulate drug prices.
Paulette Jordan: Address immigration, border security, enforcement separately.
Nancy Harris: Reform immigration and provide path to citizenship.
Jim Risch: First and foremost, we need to secure our borders.
Principles & Values|
Paulette Jordan: We need a complete shift to people-first policymaking.
Paulette Jordan: Youngest person elected to the Coeur d'Alene Tribal Council.
Paulette Jordan: Will stay awake and work on country's business.
Nancy Harris: If we're not running, we're not defending democracy.
Nancy Harris: I am a fourth generation Idahoan, and an entrepreneur.
Jim Risch: Gradual changes now to avoid lower benefits later.
Paulette Jordan: Trump tax cut only benefitted rich, increased deficit.
Nancy Harris: Tax the wealthy; ensure they pay their fair share.
Paulette Jordan: Strengthen cybersecurity to prevent election interference.
Jim Risch: Co-sponsored bill to protect small business from cyberattack.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jim Risch Idaho Former Republican Governor (2006-2007); U.S. Senator
- Nancy Harris Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Idaho
- Paulette Jordan Idaho Democratic candidate for governor
The above quotations are from 2020 Idaho Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)