Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Illinois Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 IL Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Anne Stava-Murray (15) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Illinois
- Mark Curran (6) Republican Senate challenger Illinois
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Illinois 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Shelbyville Daily Union, "3 announce GOP runs for US Senate," by Dawn Schabbing, Oct. 10, 2019
- WSIL-TV News-3, "Illinois Republicans hope for turnaround in 2020 during Du Quoin State Fair," September 10, 2019
- Chicago Sun-Times, "Divided, defeated state GOP looks back on rough year," by Tina Sfondeles, Aug 15, 2019
- Chicago Tribune, "Days after giving up on a recount, Curran to seek GOP nomination for US Senate," by Rick Pearson, 8/7/19
- WQAD-News-8, "Lawmakers again elect Madigan as House Speaker, Cullerton as Senate President," 1/9/2019
- WCIA News, "Freshman state lawmaker announces 2020 U.S. Senate bid," by Mark Maxwell, 1/3/2019
- Chicago Sun-Times, "Illinois House 81st District Democratic nominee: Anne Stava-Murray," 10/22/2018
- Suburban Chicago Daily Herald, "Anne Stava-Murray: Candidate profile," 10/22/18
- DailyKos.com blog, "7 Progressive Candidates With Early Primaries Who Deserve Your Support," Feb. 14, 2018
- Illinois Family Institute PAC, "$100,000 for Part Time Salary?", opposing Stava-Murray for State Rep, 2/14/18
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mark Curran: Opposed partial-birth abortion.
Anne Stava-Murray: Progressive and pregnant prochoice champion.
Anne Stava-Murray: OpEd: Supports expanded abortion rights.
Mark Curran: The wrong people moved in, and changed Lake County.
Anne Stava-Murray: End marijuana probation; allow regulation and taxation.
Anne Stava-Murray: Legalize recreational marijuana & include safety provisions.
Anne Stava-Murray: Shift cost of education away from property tax.
Anne Stava-Murray: Decades of disinvestment have hurt Illinois state schools.
Energy & Oil|
Mark Curran: Opposes "far-left radical environmental agenda".
Anne Stava-Murray: Reduce coal-protectionist provisions, increase regulations.
Families & Children|
Anne Stava-Murray: After #MeToo moment, withdrew support for Speaker Madigan.
Mark Curran: Supports term limits for Congress.
Anne Stava-Murray: Favor legislative term limits.
Anne Stava-Murray: End gerrymandering and voter suppression.
Mark Curran: Focus on mental health & video games, not guns.
Anne Stava-Murray: We can reduce number of gun-related suicides.
Anne Stava-Murray: Proactive legislation to crack down on reckless gun owners.
Anne Stava-Murray: Supports Medicare-for-All, with immediate transition.
Mark Curran: Backed bipartisan legislation with path for citizenship.
Anne Stava-Murray: Pass fair scheduling laws to combat on-demand scheduling.
Anne Stava-Murray: Our state pension debt is underfunded.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Anne Stava-Murray Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger Illinois
- Mark Curran Republican Senate challenger Illinois
The above quotations are from 2020 Illinois Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)