Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2020 Louisiana Senatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2020 LA Senatorial race (number of quotes indicated):
- Adrian Perkins (17) Democratic nominee for Senate Louisiana
- Antoine Pierce (19) Democratic Senate challenger Louisiana
- Bill Cassidy (11) Republican Senator Louisiana
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Louisiana 2020 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- American Family Association "iVoterGuide" on 2020 Louisiana Senate race (Bill Cassidy), downloaded Oct. 2020
- KTAL/KMSS Baton Rouge Proud, "Shreveport mayor, NAACP react to DDA handling of incidents involving racism," Jun 29, 2020
- The Baton Rouge Advocate, "George Floyd protests swell despite coronavirus concerns," by Terry L. Jones and Blake Paterson, Jun 6, 2020
- The Shreveport Times, "Shreveport Mayor Adrian Perkins talks race and moving forward," by Deborah Bayliss, June 4, 2020
- Slate e-zine, "Republicans Are Absolutely Deluded if They Think Only Blue States Need a Bailout," by Jordan Weissmann, April 29, 2020
- The ArkLaTex Homepage, "Mayor Perkins to hold 2nd online Interfaith Prayer Service," Apr 21, 2020
- Big Easy Magazine, "No, Sen. Cassidy, Louisiana's Racial Disparities in Healthcare Aren't Just a Distraction," by Antoine Pierce, April 10, 2020
- Big Easy Magazine, "Antoine Pierce Pledges to Serve All Louisianans in the US Senate," by Jenn Bentley, March 4, 2020
- The Loyola Maroon, "Candidates take on Bill Cassidy for Louisiana Senate," by Janae Sterling, February 12, 2020
- KTBS-TV ABC-3, "Shreveport looks at new funding avenues for consent decree," by P K Cannon, Dec 20, 2019
- DemCast USA, "Meet the Candidate: Antoine Pierce (Louisiana)," November 19, 2019
- ePRnews.com, "Pierce says the GOP-backed Healthcare Senate Plan is out of touch," Sept. 17, 2019
- The New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Several mayors in Louisiana sign letter urging Congress to act on 'critical' gun bill vote," Aug 8, 2019
- Harvard Law Today, "A Home Victory," by Lewis Rice, July 30, 2019
- WLTX News-19, "Robert Caslen picked as new University of South Carolina president," July 19, 2019
- KTBS-TV ABC-3, "Judge temporarily stops mayor's face mask mandate; 4 businesses seek injunction," by Vickie Welborn & Jeff Beimfohr, Jul 11, 2020
- ABC-TV-10, "Stockton mayor leading coalition of 11 U.S. city mayors pushing for Universal Basic Income," by Kristopher Hooks, June 30, 2020
- KTBS-TV ABC-3, "Shreveport mayor holds special meeting on reducing gun violence in city," Jun 26, 2019
- The New York Post, "Sam Cooke gets apology for racism that inspired 'Change Is Gonna Come'," by Rob Bailey-Millado, June 24, 2019
- Mother Jones newsmagazine, "Why It Matters That a City Council in Louisiana Repealed a Ban on Saggy Pants," by Laura Thompson, June 13, 2019
- Big Easy Magazine, "The fullness of equality for women has not been realized," by Jenn Bentley, 4/10/19
- Press release, "Improve Tax Cut Law, Lower Taxes on Gold Star Families," by Bill Cassidy, 05.08.19
- Press release, "Life & Family Values," by Bill Cassidy, M.D., 04.03.19
- Wired magazine, "Hey, Tech: You'd Do Well to Stop Ignoring Smaller Cities," by Adrian Perkins, 7.12.2017
- WDSU-6 News, "Cassidy: Religious Freedom Acts help protect First Amendment," Apr 1, 2015
- Family Research Council (FRC Action PAC), "Tony Perkins Endorses Bill Cassidy for U.S. Senate," 11/7/2014
- Vote-USA.org Louisiana Senate Guide (Bill Cassidy), 10/22/2014
- Wall Street Journal, "Louisiana Races," 1/1/2012
- Business Report, "Cassidy says he objects to content, not size, of stimulus bill," February 5, 2009
- Legal Lines with Locke Meredith, "Cassidy Discusses Current Issues Facing Our Nation," Show #99
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Antoine Pierce: Protect women's rights & autonomy.
Bill Cassidy: Religion plays vital role; this includes protecting unborn.
Budget & Economy|
Bill Cassidy: Stop out-of-control spending & end earmarks.
Bill Cassidy: Stimulus bill includes extraneous items.
Bill Cassidy: Stimulus package opposed; will hurt economy.
Adrian Perkins: Racism is one of the heaviest issues in our community.
Adrian Perkins: Supported welcoming environment for LGBTQ West Point cadets.
Adrian Perkins: Business district must demonstrate black lives do matter.
Antoine Pierce: Protests on race & police: risk lives to save lives.
Antoine Pierce: End voter suppression policies & Citizens United.
Antoine Pierce: Supports ratification of Equal Rights Amendment.
Bill Cassidy: Feds should not get involved in state action on religion.
Bill Cassidy: Laws preventing religious discrimination are "intimidation".
Bill Cassidy: Opposed Obama stimulus; supported Bush's bank bailout.
Adrian Perkins: Police should have guard-in mindset, not military mindset.
Antoine Pierce: Pass criminal justice reform.
Adrian Perkins: Repealed "saggy pants" law targeting people of color.
Antoine Pierce: Favors recreational & medical marijuana legalization.
Antoine Pierce: College graduates should not have to drown in debt.
Antoine Pierce: Support universal pre-K.
Energy & Oil|
Antoine Pierce: Subsidize renewable energy sources.
Adrian Perkins: Renegotiate EPA consent decree that nearly tripled in cost.
Bill Cassidy: Top priority is coastal restoration.
Adrian Perkins: Urge Senate to act on gun safety legislation.
Adrian Perkins: Focus on reducing number of illegal guns in city.
Bill Cassidy: Our 2nd Amendment freedom is in danger.
Adrian Perkins: COVID19: Mandatory mask order, penalties for non-compliance.
Antoine Pierce: Need to address the structural racism in healthcare system.
Bill Cassidy: Coronavirus racial disparity not result of systemic racism.
Antoine Pierce: Supports Medicare for All.
Antoine Pierce: For universal coverage; no limits on preexisting conditions.
Antoine Pierce: Supports Medicare-for-All with option for private insurance.
Antoine Pierce: Higher minimum wage; strengthen unions.
Antoine Pierce: Raise the minimum wage.
Antoine Pierce: Repeal Right to Work.
Principles & Values|
Adrian Perkins: Welcomes pastors praying during protest over police violence.
Adrian Perkins: Family taught me faith and hard work leads to accomplishment.
Adrian Perkins: Bring Louisiana values of service, honesty, courage to DC.
Adrian Perkins: Awarded Sam Cooke apology; posthumous Key to the City.
Adrian Perkins: Hosted online interfaith prayer service.
Antoine Pierce: Running because I have a heart for humanity.
Antoine Pierce: Community organizer who understands real challenges.
Adrian Perkins: Launched run for mayor while at Harvard Law School.
Antoine Pierce: Tax cuts for poor & middle class.
Bill Cassidy: Co-sponsored tax simplification for Gold Star families.
Adrian Perkins: Test technology innovations in smaller cities.
Welfare & Poverty|
Adrian Perkins: Supports UBI as "Mayors for a Guaranteed Income".
The above quotations are from 2020 Louisiana Senatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)