Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Alaska Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 AK Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Edgar Blatchford (7) Democratic Senate Challenger Alaska
- Kelly Tshibaka (23) Republican Challenger Alaska
- Lisa Murkowski (4) Republican Sr Senator Alaska
- Pat Chesbro (10)
- Sarah Palin (1) Alaska Former Governor (resigned 2009); V.P. nominee (2008)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Alaska Senate debates and race coverage:
- CNN: Transcript of "State of the Union": Interview With Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV), moderated by Jake Tapper, February 06, 2022, (Link)
- Must Read Alaska, "Biden's vaccine mandate is bad for Alaska, travel restrictions would be worse," by Kelly Tshibaka, September 17, 2021
- Must Read Alaska, "Afghan refugees must be vetted before they are admitted to U.S.," by Kelly Tshibaka, September 2, 2021
- Anchorage Daily News, "Alaska needs a senator who will unleash our full energy potential," by Kelly Tshibaka, May 31, 2021
- KNAU Arizona Public Radio, "Solar Executive Is 1st GOP Candidate In Arizona Senate Race," May 4, 2021
- CNN.com, "Republican Kelly Tshibaka launches Senate campaign against Lisa Murkowski," by Alex Rogers, March 30, 2021
- The Anchorage Daily News: "I'm a candidate for U.S. Senate because I'm running for Alaska," by Kelly Tshibaka, March 30, 2021
- WENY News (Elmira NY), "Trump's fight with Murkowski roils GOP with new Alaska Senate challenger emerging," by Manu Raju and Alex Rogers, April 19, 2021
- The Homer News, "Tshibaka makes rounds on the peninsula," by Ashlyn O'Hara, April 15, 2021
- Anchorage Press, "DOA Commissioner Tshibaka: Nazi Plates Already Recalled," (DOA Press Release), Jan 25, 2021
- Indian Country Today, "Republican turned Democrat runs for U.S. Senate in Alaska," by Joaqlin Estus, Aug 12, 2020, (Link)
- KTOO, "Al Gross faces two opponents for Alaska's Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate," by Andrew Kitchenman, August 11, 2020, (Link)
- Must Read Alaska, "Transcript: Fields says he was asking about homosexuality," by Suzanne Downing, March 6, 2019
- USA Today: "'I can see 2022 from my house': Palin taunts Murkowski ahead of Kavanaugh vote," by Joel Shannon, 10/5/2018
- Alaska Public Media, "Senate F Race Pits Valley Educator Against Seasoned Legislator," by Ellen Lockyer, October 22, 2014, (Link)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Kelly Tshibaka: An unapologetically pro-life Alaska conservative.
Pat Chesbro: Fight for women's medical care including abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Kelly Tshibaka: Cut hundreds of millions from state spending over 5 years.
Edgar Blatchford: Bottom line in budget cutting is fairness.
Pat Chesbro: State should invest $25M to help local entrepreneurs.
Kelly Tshibaka: Recall offensive personalized license plates.
Kelly Tshibaka: Won't engage in discrimination based on sexual orientation.
Kelly Tshibaka: Wrote anti-gay article in law school, no longer her view.
Edgar Blatchford: I support expanding opportunities for people of color.
Kelly Tshibaka: Hold rioters responsible for insurrection, not Trump.
Kelly Tshibaka: Linked drugs with witchcraft, demonic possession.
Edgar Blatchford: Greatest teacher contribution is motivating students .
Pat Chesbro: Fully support strengthening public education.
Energy & Oil|
Kelly Tshibaka: Stop leftists who want to shut down oil and gas production.
Kelly Tshibaka: Speed up process for oil and gas leases in ANWR.
Edgar Blatchford: Epicenter for climate change is rural areas of Alaska.
Pat Chesbro: Harness the great potential for renewable energy.
Kelly Tshibaka: Environmental extremists prevent our true potential.
Families & Children|
Pat Chesbro: Reinstate and expand the 2021 Child Tax Credit.
Kelly Tshibaka: Afghanistan withdrawal may destabilize existing global order.
Kelly Tshibaka: Worked to expose waste and fraud in government.
Kelly Tshibaka: We don't know outcome of 2020 election; I have questions.
Lisa Murkowski: Supported Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation to Supreme Court.
Sarah Palin: Supported Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation to Supreme Court.
Edgar Blatchford: Wants to reform federal campaign finance laws.
Lisa Murkowski: Ensure states can provide security for their elections.
Kelly Tshibaka: She will fight to preserve the 2nd Amendment.
Pat Chesbro: Curb the epidemic of gun violence in America.
Pat Chesbro: Close loopholes for background checks, limit assault weapons.
Kelly Tshibaka: COVID shot is individual choice, against mandates.
Pat Chesbro: Medical rights are human rights, recognize at federal level.
Kelly Tshibaka: A strong voice in opposition to illegal immigration.
Edgar Blatchford: Alaska should lead country in showing workplace diversity.
Edgar Blatchford: Union taught me a trade; helped me go to college.
Pat Chesbro: Protect right to organize, support the PRO Act.
Principles & Values|
Kelly Tshibaka: Trump impeachment: opponent "out of touch" for supporting.
Kelly Tshibaka: Name pronounced like Star Wars character Chewbacca.
Kelly Tshibaka: Constitution provides no religious test for public office.
Kelly Tshibaka: Employees are free to express their religion or nonreligion.
Kelly Tshibaka: I'm for America first, always.
Lisa Murkowski: Bipartisanship: a good-faith effort to listen to one another.
Lisa Murkowski: When the party says something wrong, I'll speak the truth.
Pat Chesbro: Make this world a more inclusive place.
Kelly Tshibaka: Make Trump cuts permanent, extend business tax exemptions.
The above quotations are from 2022 Alaska Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Murkowski up for re-election in 2022; Senate debates:
Incumbent Lisa Murkowski(R)
vs.Challenger Kelly Tshibaka(R)
vs.Al Gross(D,ran for Congress instead)
Former Senators & Senate races:
2020 Alaska Senate debate:
2016 Alaska Senate debates, Murkowski vs.Metcalfe vs.Miller
2014 Alaska Senate debates, Begich vs. Sullivan
2010 Alaska Senate debate, Murkowski vs. Miller
2008 Alaska Senate debate, Begich vs. Stevens
2004 Alaska Senate debate, Murkowski vs. Knowles
Sen. Mark Begich (D, unseated 2014)
Sen. Ted Stevens (R, unseated 2008)