Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Connecticut Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 CT Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- China_Book (1)
- Chris Murphy (1) Democrat (Senate run 2012) U.S. Rep Connecticut-5
- Dan Carter (1) Republican candidate for Senate Connecticut
- Leora Levy (16) Republican Challenger Connecticut
- Richard Blumenthal (3) Democratic Sr Senator Connecticut
- Themis Klarides (13) Republican Challenger for Senate Connecticut
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Connecticut Senate debates and race coverage:
- Politico, "'China is watching': Senators push for more support for Ukraine, Taiwan," by Myah Ward, 08/07/2022
- Sierra Sun Times, "U.S. Senators Susan Collins and Richard Blumenthal Introduce Senate Bill to Eliminate Co-Pays for Veterans Accessing Contraception," 05 August 2022
- Breitbart, "Exclusive--Trump-Backed Leora Levy: 'I am Running to Rid Connecticut of the Blumenthal Blight'," by Jordan Dixon-Hamilton, 6 Aug 2022
- The CT Mirror, "Who is Leora Levy? Meet the CT GOP candidate for U.S. Senate running on Trump's platform," by Mark Pazniokas and Lisa Hagen, August 2, 2022
- The Day, "Blumenthal says bill to strip MLB of antitrust exemption to get hearing in fall," by Claire Bessette, 2022-07-29
- CT Insider, "Conservative enough? CT's GOP hopefuls for U.S. Senate debate social issues," by Ken Dixon, July 26, 2022
- Hartford Courant: "3 Connecticut Republicans clash in only TV debate for U.S. Senate primary" by Christopher Keating, 7/26/22, (Link)
- ABC News: Full transcript of "This Week": interview of Sen. Chris Murphy, moderated by Jonathan Karl, Sunday, May 29, 2022, (Link)
- NBC News, "Themis Klarides Switches to Senate Race," by Christine Stuart, January 31, 2022
- CT Examiner, "Klarides on 'Connecticut's Crime Epidemic'," by Themis Klarides, July 10, 2021
- CT Post, "Connecticut Democrats are charting a dangerous course--for our wallets," by Themis Klarides, Jan. 28, 2021
- Hartford Courant: "Former U.S. Senate candidate Dan Carter now running for his old state House seat," by Christopher Keating, Feb 10, 2020
- CT News Junkie, "House Minority Leader Focuses On Increased Penalties For Fentanyl," by Jack Kramer, April 4, 2019
- Journal Inquirer, "Republicans pan budget," by Eric Bedner, Feb 21, 2019
- Valley Independent Sentinel, "Optometrists Group Recognizes Klarides," Oct 23, 2018
- NBC News, "Connecticut Senate Approves Licenses for Undocumented Immigrants," May 30, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Leora Levy: Signed pledge she believes life begins at conception.
Leora Levy: Switched views on abortion and Trump, now opposes abortion.
Themis Klarides: Her voting record endorsed by NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut.
Leora Levy: Life begins at conception.
Themis Klarides: Pro-choice.
Budget & Economy|
Leora Levy: Capitalism is the greatest system ever devised.
Themis Klarides: Democrats coming to pick you pocket instead of spending cuts.
Leora Levy: Opposes trans rights: boys don't belong in girls' sports.
Themis Klarides: 2012: Urged GOP to support civil unions for same sex couples.
Richard Blumenthal: Eliminate antitrust exception for Major League Baseball.
Themis Klarides: Early-release program has let loose many violent offenders.
Themis Klarides: Against legislation removing important police protections.
Themis Klarides: Increase penalties for fentanyl, treat it like a narcotic.
Leora Levy: Always defend Parental Rights and Freedom of Choice.
Leora Levy: Claimed COVID funds used to teach critical race theory.
China_Book: China is watching what we do in Ukraine.
Leora Levy: Maintain an unbreakable alliance between the US and Israel.
Leora Levy: American Policy should include regime change in Iran.
Richard Blumenthal: China is watching what we do in Ukraine.
Themis Klarides: Doesn't agree with Trump that 2020 election was stolen.
Dan Carter: Represented Newtown; but opposed gun control after shooting.
Leora Levy: Firmly believes in the Right to Bear Arms.
Themis Klarides: Supported gun control measure adopted after Sandy Hook.
Chris Murphy: Inconceivable Congress hasn't addressed gun violence.
Themis Klarides: Supported adequate funding of state's Medicaid program.
Leora Levy: A powerful military reinforces the efficacy of diplomacy.
Richard Blumenthal: End unfair copays charged to veterans for contraception.
Leora Levy: Closing our borders is paramount in the pursuit of safety.
Leora Levy: Opposes permanent legal status for DACA young adults.
Themis Klarides: Opposed driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants.
Principles & Values|
Leora Levy: Knows what happens when Communism conquers a country.
Leora Levy: America's founding was a miracle.
Themis Klarides: Supported increased tax exemption for Social Security.
Leora Levy: Claims Inflation Reduction Act raises taxes, adds to deficit.
Themis Klarides: Connecticut GOP stands for cutting taxes, limiting spending.
The above quotations are from 2022 Connecticut Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Blumenthal up for re-election in 2022; contenders:
Incumbent Richard Blumenthal(D)
vs.Nominee Leora Levy(R)
vs.Challenger Themis Klarides(R)
vs.Challenger Joe Visconti(R)
vs.2018 & 2020 House candidate John Flynn(R,eliminated at Convention)
Previous Senate debates:
2018 Connecticut Senate debate:
2016 Connecticut Senate debates, Blumenthal vs.Carter
2012 Connecticut Senate debates, Bysiewicz vs. Murphy vs. Shays
2010 Connecticut Senate debates, Blumenthal vs. McMahon
2006 Connecticut Senate debate, Lamont vs. Lieberman vs. Schlesinger
Lieberman authored: In Praise of Public Life
2006 Connecticut Democratic Primary debate, Lieberman vs. Lamont
2004 Connecticut Senate debate, Dodd vs. Orchulli