Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Kentucky Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 KY Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Charles Booker (22) Democratic Senate Challenger Kentucky
- Rand Paul (1) Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Kentucky Senate debates and race coverage:
- WKYT CBS/CW-TV, "Booker starts Senate bid on promise to help all Kentuckians," Nov. 3, 2021
- MSNBC, "Transcript: The ReidOut," interview of 2022 KY Senate candidate Charles Booker, 7/7/21
- Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC.org), "2020 Voter Guide," 3/16/21
- Truthout.org, "Charles Booker Eyes Running Against Rand Paul by Building Urban-Rural Coalition," by Mike Ludwig, March 16, 2021
- CNN.com, "Charles Booker 'strongly considering' 2022 Senate bid against Rand Paul," by Alex Rogers, March 15, 2021
- NewsMax, "Sen. Paul Blasts Dr. Fauci After Flip on School Closings," by Sandy Fitzgerald, 01 December 2020
- WFPL (NPR) 89.3 FM, "Louisville's 'Black Lives Matter' Demonstrations Continue A Long Quest For Environmental Justice," by James Bruggers, June 24, 2020
- Lexington Herald-Leader, "Another progressive Democrat is exploring a Senate bid," by Daniel Desrochers, November 22, 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Charles Booker: Microphone cut off during speech against anti-abortion bill.
Budget & Economy|
Charles Booker: Supports Universal Basic Income; poverty is immoral.
Charles Booker: Rand Paul believes that racism is a winning strategy.
Charles Booker: Have to tackle structural racism and inequity head-on.
Charles Booker: Ban conversion therapy and sex/gender discrimination.
Charles Booker: Need criminal justice reform & ending mass incarceration.
Charles Booker: Legalize cannabis, commute sentences, expunge records.
Charles Booker: Teachers want to fully and equitably fund public schools.
Rand Paul: COVID: Opening schools doesn't lead to a surge.
Energy & Oil|
Charles Booker: Climate crisis is great economic opportunity for Kentucky.
Charles Booker: Reclaim old coal land; black lung benefits for miners.
Charles Booker: Refers to Green New Deal as "Kentucky New Deal".
Charles Booker: Marginalized communities harmed by pollution must be heard.
Charles Booker: Remove barriers to democratic participation.
Charles Booker: Restore voting rights to those who paid for their crimes.
Charles Booker: Expanding Medicaid under ACA led to economic boom.
Charles Booker: As diabetic knows reality of rationing insulin due to cost.
Charles Booker: Supports Medicare for All & Green New Deal.
Charles Booker: Create a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
Charles Booker: We are going to stand up for organized labor.
Principles & Values|
Charles Booker: Build broad coalitions; break down barriers of race & class.
Charles Booker: Launched "Hood to the Holler" to bridge urban-rural divide.
Charles Booker: Close loopholes for wealthy, ease burden on working families.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Charles Booker Democratic Senate Challenger Kentucky
- Rand Paul Republican 2016 Primary Challenger
The above quotations are from 2022 Kentucky Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)