Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 North Carolina Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 NC Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Cheri Beasley (5) Democratic Challenger North Carolina
- Erica Smith (3) Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Mark Walker (6) Republican Challenger North Carolina
- Pat McCrory (14) North Carolina Republican Governor
- Ted Budd (11) Republican Challenger North Carolina
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 North Carolina Senate debates and race coverage:
- Fox News, "Republican Ted Budd jumps into NC Senate race, taking aim at 'the radical left'," by Paul Steinhauser, 4/28/21
- CNN.com, "First Black woman to be North Carolina Supreme Court chief justice announces Senate bid," by Alex Rogers, April 27, 2021
- The NCSU Technician, "McCrory would not represent students in the U.S. Senate," by Noah Jabusch, Apr 19, 2021
- The Charlotte Observer, "Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory announces bid for US Senate seat in 2022," by Brian Murphy & Theoden Janes, April 14, 2021
- The Charlotte Observer, "As McCrory returns to political arena, transgender rights debates again at the fore," by Brian Murphy, April 14, 2021
- CNN.com, "Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory will soon launch Senate campaign," by Alex Rogers and Ryan Nobles, April 12, 2021
- WFMY-2 News Greensboro , "Former U.S. Representative Mark Walker weighs in on chaos at the Capitol," by Alma McCarty, January 7, 2021
- The Asheville Citizen-Times, "Departing NC Chief Justice Cheri Beasley unveils panel to examine bias," by Gary D. Robertson, Dec. 30, 2020
- The Hill e-zine, "Rep. Mark Walker announces Senate bid in North Carolina," by Max Greenwood, 12/01/20
- Politico.com, "Mark Walker launches 2022 Senate bid in North Carolina," by James Arkin, 12/01/2020
- The American Prospect, "What Went Wrong in North Carolina?," by Alexander Sammon, November 30, 2020
- The Charlotte Post, "Why didn't more Black women candidates win in North Carolina?," by Kirsten Johnson, November 29, 2020
- N.C. Policy Watch blog, "Like Trump, former Gov. Pat McCrory blamed non-existent fraud for his 2016 loss," by Joe Killian, 11/25/2020
- The Charlotte Observer, "Former Gov Pat McCrory on COVID-19, prep sports, his biggest regret, George Floyd protests," by Langston Wertz Jr., June 04, 2020
- Salisbury Post, "NC Chief Justice Cheri Beasley talks about court's goals," by Liz Moomey, January 12, 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Pat McCrory: Promote sanctity of life, religious freedom.
Budget & Economy|
Pat McCrory: Creating jobs, cutting taxes, spending smarter.
Ted Budd: Racist policies due to Democrats; GOP brings people together.
Pat McCrory: Signed anti-transgender "bathroom bill" into law.
Pat McCrory: Identity politics has gone too far, especially on the left.
Cheri Beasley: Acknowledged enduring racial inequalities in judicial system.
Erica Smith: We don't have an agenda for addressing minority concerns.
Cheri Beasley: Bail reform shows promising results in pilot programs.
Ted Budd: That whole defund the police thing is crazy.
Pat McCrory: No sanctuary cities, support police, election security.
Mark Walker: Support law enforcement, criminal justice reform.
Pat McCrory: Disturbing thing about protests is anarchists in the crowd.
Pat McCrory: We're always going to have some imperfect police officers.
Cheri Beasley: Drug treatment courts part of solution to substance abuse.
Ted Budd: Member of the Home School Legal Defense Association.
Pat McCrory: 2015: For budget cuts, tuition increases at state schools.
Mark Walker: Has championed school choice; empower parents and students.
Energy & Oil|
Ted Budd: Infrastructure bill is Trojan horse for Green New Deal.
Pat McCrory: Supported offshore drilling off North Carolina's coast.
Pat McCrory: Oversaw decline of Department of Environmental Quality.
Ted Budd: Deregulate small businesses strangled by big government.
Ted Budd: Voted against certifying the 2020 election results.
Ted Budd: Falsely claimed bill would allow minors to vote.
Pat McCrory: Blamed election loss on massive voter fraud without proof.
Ted Budd: Lifetime NRA member; owns gun range and store.
Pat McCrory: Invest in military, protect veterans, defend rights.
Mark Walker: Improve care and service to veterans.
Principles & Values|
Ted Budd: Running to stop US from becoming woke, socialist wasteland.
Cheri Beasley: Washington responding only to well-connected needs to end.
Cheri Beasley: First black female chief justice of state Supreme Court.
Pat McCrory: How do we leave this place better than when we arrived?
Pat McCrory: Impeachment: would have voted against convicting Trump.
Mark Walker: Capitol riot: don't put all this on Trump.
Mark Walker: A record of being both a conservative and a bridge builder.
Erica Smith: I earned my stripes; paid my dues; played by the rules.
Erica Smith: Black women come from hard work; should have more value.
Ted Budd: Endorsed by Club for Growth; against tax increases.
Mark Walker: Cut taxes for middle income families, for balanced budget.
Ted Budd: Co-sponsored bill to make websites and apps ADA compliant.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Cheri Beasley Democratic Challenger North Carolina
- Erica Smith Democratic 2020 Senate Challenger North Carolina
- Mark Walker Republican Challenger North Carolina
- Pat McCrory North Carolina Republican Governor
- Ted Budd Republican Challenger North Carolina
The above quotations are from 2022 North Carolina Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Error processing SSI file