Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 South Dakota Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 SD Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Brian Bengs (15) Democratic Challenger for Senate South Dakota
- John Thune (2) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative South Dakota
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 South Dakota Senate debates and race coverage:
- KELO, "Democratic Senate candidate talks gun control," by Jacob Newton, May 26, 2022
- South Dakota Public Broadcasting, "Woster: Democratic U.S. Senate candidate a big man with a bigger campaign challenge," by Kevin Woster, March 17, 2022
- KELO, "Thune, Bengs support Polish aircraft to Ukraine," by Bob Mercer, Mar 14, 2022
- Keloland Media Group, "Sen. Thune calls for COVID-19 mandates to end, opponents weigh in on pandemic," by Eric Mayer, Feb 16, 2022
- Keloland Media Group, "Meet the Aberdeen man aiming for Thune's Senate seat," by Eric Mayer, Jan 13, 2022
- U.S. Term Limits, "Brian Bengs Pledges to Support Term Limits On Congress," November 22, 2021
- Aberdeen News, "Democracy has to be the answer': Aberdeen man announces intention to run for U.S. Senate," by Elisa Sand, 11/12/21
- Washington Post, "As daughter sought state license, Noem summoned agency head," by Stephen Groves, September 27, 2021
- Sen. Thune Press release on H.R.1/S.1, "For The People Act", "Democrats Push Radical Federal Takeover Agenda," Sept. 22, 2021
- KOTA-TV ABC-3, "Noem finds Biden's vaccine passports for international travel 'oppressive'," Mar. 31, 2021
- The Hill e-zine, "South Dakota governor signs executive orders barring transgender athletes from women's sports," by Lexi Lonas, 03/30/21
- Lifenews.com, "Every Child, Born and Unborn, Has a Right to Life," by Governor Kristi Noem and Marjorie Dannenfelser, Mar 29, 2021
- South Dakota Standard, "Will Sen. John Thune end the 'Curse of Karl' in 2022?," by Tom Lawrence, Nov 29, 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Brian Bengs: Military spending is an important part of state economy.
Energy & Oil|
Brian Bengs: Energy independence through clean energy not fossil fuels.
Brian Bengs: Speed the transition from fossil fuels to renewable sources.
Brian Bengs: Preserving close relationship with allies makes us all safer.
Brian Bengs: Signed U.S. Term Limits pledge.
John Thune: Don't put Washington in charge of state elections.
Brian Bengs: Gun owner; favors background checks.
Brian Bengs: Opposes Republican plans to kill off Affordable Care Act.
Brian Bengs: Public health shouldn't be treated as a political football.
Brian Bengs: VA closings might make it more responsive to veterans.
Principles & Values|
Brian Bengs: Smaller, close-knit community made him feel connected.
Brian Bengs: No one is focusing on fixing political dysfunction in US.
John Thune: Running for 4th Senate term: breaking the "Curse of Karl"?
Brian Bengs: Supports a wealth tax for households over $50 million.
Brian Bengs: I'm talking about blowing up the status quo of tax policy.
Brian Bengs: Congress can't ignore impact of automation on job market.
War & Peace|
Brian Bengs: Supports providing aircraft to Ukraine against Russia.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Brian Bengs Democratic Challenger for Senate South Dakota
- John Thune Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative South Dakota
The above quotations are from 2022 South Dakota Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Thune up for re-election in 2022:
Incumbent John Thune(R)
vs.Brian Bengs(D nominee)
Former Senators & Senate races:
2020 South Dakota Senate debates:
2016 South Dakota Senate debates, Thune vs.Williams
2014 South Dakota Senate debates, Rounds vs. Weiland vs. Pressler
2008 S.D. Senate debate, Dykstra vs. Johnson
2004 S.D. Senate debate, Daschle vs. Thune
Daschle authored: Like No Other Time