Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Utah Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 UT Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Allen Glines (3) Democratic Challenger Utah
- Austin Searle (16) Democratic Challenger Utah
- Evan McMullin (12) Independent candidate for President
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Utah Senate debates and race coverage:
- CNN FactCheck, "Mike Lee's own texts contradict his debate claims about his effort to overturn the 2020 election," by Daniel Dale, October 18, 2022, (Link)
- NBC: Meet the Press: Utah Sen. Candidate Evan McMullin; moderated by Chuck Todd, October 16, 2022, (Link)
- National Public Radio: "In Utah, independent Evan McMullin poses a challenge for Trump-backed Sen. Mike Lee," by Sean Higgins, October 2, 2022, (Link)
- Fox-13-Now AdWatch: "McMullin campaign blasts attack ad as 'lie'," Sep 29, 2022, (Link)
- The Salt Lake Tribune , "Democrats need to rally around Kael Weston in Utah's Senate race," by Caralee Woods, Jan. 13, 2022
- Fox News, "Reporters, Democrats blame US embargo for protests, poor conditions in Cuba," by Andrew Kugle, July 12, 2021
- Bloomberg.com Politics: "Republican Senators Urge Biden to End Trump-Initiated Trade War," by Laura Davison, July 1, 2021
- KUTV-2 CBS-TV, "Lee 1 of 2 senators to vote against clean water infrastructure bill," by Arielle Harrison, April 30, 2021
- Rare.US News Feed, "TikTok Users Warn of "National Rape Day" on April 24th," by Emily Mack, April 19, 2021
- Salt Lake Tribune, "Eight is enough for this Ogden couple, and six of their kids are younger than 2 years old," by Sahalie Donaldson, June 19, 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Allen Glines: Can't control reproductive rights yet oppose govt. overreach.
Budget & Economy|
Evan McMullin: Pass balanced budget legislation.
Austin Searle: Supports Universal Basic Income: $1200 a month.
Evan McMullin: Condemn bigotry including based on sexual orientation.
Austin Searle: Pass the Personal Privacy Act; stop sharing of personal data.
Evan McMullin: Our criminal justice system must treat everyone equally.
Austin Searle: Police should only carry tasers, not guns.
Energy & Oil|
Austin Searle: Improving energy efficiency impacts climate change.
Austin Searle: Infrastructure investments can reduce emissions.
Evan McMullin: Develop water conservation practices and infrastructure.
Austin Searle: Ban euthanizing at animal shelters.
Austin Searle: Why no vote on clean water infrastructure bill?
Evan McMullin: Strengthen our alliances with other free nations.
Allen Glines: Called for an end to US embargo of Cuba.
Evan McMullin: Oppose the intentional disenfranchisement of voters.
Evan McMullin: We support sensible and limited regulation.
Austin Searle: Ranked-choice voting should be a human right.
Austin Searle: For term limits for Congress & Supreme Court.
Austin Searle: Require licensing, registration, training.
Evan McMullin: Negotiate lower drug prices, expand telemedicine.
Austin Searle: Replace employer-paid insurance with Medicare for All.
Evan McMullin: We are committed to a pluralistic society, diverse nation.
Austin Searle: Funding business start-ups creates jobs, economic growth.
Austin Searle: Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour.
Principles & Values|
Evan McMullin: Political extremes don't represent the majority.
Evan McMullin: Uphold Constitution as inviolable and collective contract.
Allen Glines: Parents of eight children, four of them quadruplets.
Evan McMullin: Favors cuts, means testing, raising retirement age.
Austin Searle: Maximize benefits, lower retirement age to 52.
Austin Searle: Big tech should either pay for our data or subsidize housing.
Austin Searle: Called out TikTok for trending "National Rape Day".
The above quotations are from 2022 Utah Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Sen. Lee up for re-election in 2022:
Incumbent Mike Lee(R)
vs.Challenger Allen Glines(D,withdrew)
vs.Challenger Austin Searle(D,withdrew)
Previous Senate debates:
2018 Utah Senate debates
2016 Utah Senate debates, Lee vs.Snow
2012 Utah Senate debates,
Liljenquist vs. Hatch
2010 Utah Senate debate, Lee vs. Granato
2004 Utah Senate debate Oct. 14, 2004