State of Michigan secondary Archives: on Immigration
Serious & measurable steps to finally secure southern border
As your member of Congress these will be my priorities for protecting our homeland:
Source: 2016 MI House campaign website PaulMitchellforCongress.com
Nov 8, 2016
- We must improve our border control and protection systems to address risks from travel to and from other countries.
- We must secure our border, and I will not
support any reform to our system of immigration unless serious and measurable steps are taken to finally secure our borders.
- We are a nation of laws and I will oppose any bill that gives a special path to citizenship for those who have entered our
- I will be a forceful advocate for security that recognizes our Northern border faces a different set of threats than our southern border.
- I will support efforts that help our intelligence and law enforcement agencies identify
and track down terrorists before they strike while also protecting citizens' Constitutional rights.
- Develop guest worker and e-verify programs that allow our nation's farmers to meet their labor needs while at the same time defending our borders.
Fair and humane comprehensive immigration reform
The United States is a land of opportunity. Our history has been written by generations of immigrants who have come to our borders looking for the promise of a better life. They have shaped our culture, our economy, and our national story, helping to
make us the greatest of nations. Unfortunately, our nation's immigration system has many flaws that hinder economic growth and tear families apart. I support comprehensive immigration reform that is both fair & humane while ensuring our nation's security
Source: 2014 MI House campaign website, DebbieDingellForCongress.com
Aug 5, 2014
Page last updated: Feb 12, 2018