Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles distributed by the Associated Press on 2020 races
(Click for external website)
Articles from The Associated Press (2020 to date):
- 2022_WI_Senate,: "Wisconsin Lt. Gov. Mandela Barnes joins US Senate race," by Scott Bauer, July 20, 2021
- On 2022_FL_Gov: "Fla. governor signs bill requiring moment for school prayer," by Bobby Caina Calvan, June 14, 2021
- KAKE-ABC, "Push against trans athletes in girls' sports fails in Kansas," May 3, 2021
- On 2022_IA_Gov: "Iowa governor declines to help house migrant children," by David Pitt, April 8, 2021
- KSHB-41, "Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt announces intent to run for governor," by Kari Williams & John Hanna, Mar 09, 2021
- On 2022_IN_Senate: Indiana Sen. Todd Young announces 2022 reelection campaign, March 2, 2021
- "Analysis: Biden retreats from vow to make pariah of Saudis," by Ellen Knickmeyer, March 2, 2021
- On 2022 Kansas Governor race: "Kansas bill to recognize other states' gun permits advances," by Andy Tsubasa Field, February 10, 2021
- On 2021 Virginia Governor race: "Republican Snyder joins crowded Virginia governor contest," by Sarah Rankin, January 26, 2021
- 2022_AR_GovKY3-News (Springfield MO), "Arkansas attorney general sued, allegedly misused taxpayer money," by Associated Press, Jan. 16, 2021
- On January 6th Capitol Riot, "Louisiana congressmen vote to overturn election results after deadly 'insurrection'," by Kevin Dupuy, January 7, 2021
- Biden_Cabinet: Associated Press, "Biden names climate statesman John Kerry as climate envoy," by Ellen Knickmeyer, November 23, 2020
- 2021_VA_Gov: WSLS-10 News, "Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax announces bid for Virginia governor," by Associated Press, September 10, 2020
- IN-6 House race, "Representative Greg Pence criticized for racist items sold at his mall," by Casey Smith, 7/31/2020
- On 2022 Rhode Island Governor race: "Raimondo aims to close Veterans Home deficit and boost funds," January 17, 2020
- 2020-IN-Gov: Associated Press on WGN-TV on 2020 Indiana governor race Dec 14, 2019
- 2020 Presidential: Associated Press AccessWire on 2020 presidential hopefuls Oct 26, 2019
- 2020-NE-Senate: Associated Press on 2020 Nebraska Senate campaign Aug 5, 2019
- 2020-KS-Senate: Associated Press on 2020 Kansas Senate race Jun 27, 2019
- 2020-UT-Gov: Associated Press coverage of 2020 Utah gubernatorial race May 14, 2019
- On 2022_GA_Gov: "Georgia's Republican Gov. Brian Kemp signs early abortion ban," by Associated Press, May 7, 2019
- 2020 Presidential: Associated Press, "Reparations," on 2020 Democratic primary Apr 3, 2019
- 2020-ND-Gov: Associated Press on 2020 North Dakota gubernatorial race Mar 19, 2019
- 2020 Presidential: Associated Press on 2020 Democratic primary Mar 14, 2019
- 2020 Presidential: Associated Press on ABC7NY on 2020 Democratic primary Jan 22, 2019
- AP News, "Horn taps network of women, young people for upset win," by Sean Murphy, November 7, 2018
- WTMJ, "Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefisch in Mexico for trade mission this week," Associated Press, Jun 13, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Clarence Thomas: Nothing in Constitution dictates states must allow abortions.
John Cranley: Personally opposes abortion but is pro-choice.
Derek Schmidt: Limited-government conservative who opposes abortion.
Spencer Cox: Supports law banning most abortions after 18 weeks.
Brian Kemp: Signed fetal heartbeat bill, tax deductions for fetuses.
Bill de Blasio: Crucial to protect women's right to choose in 2019.
Derek Schmidt: Would have signed vetoed transgender athlete ban.
Antony Blinken: Human rights are co-equal; there is no hierarchy.
Antony Blinken: Women's rights--including sexual rights--are human rights.
Greg Pence: Says he doesn't manage his mall that sells racist objects.
Rocky De La Fuente: Successfully challenged ballot access laws and regulations.
Spencer Cox: Wants "Utah solution" to protecting LGTBQ kids.
Beto O`Rourke: Supports commission investigating reparations for slavery.
Julian Castro: Supports commission investigating reparations for slavery.
Doug Burgum: Repeal Sunday morning shopping ban.
Stacy Lee George: Call in National Guard to get state prisons under control.
Mandela Barnes: Critical of racial disparities in police actions.
Eric Adams: I'll have cops' backs, but they'll have backs of the people.
Kamala Harris: Federal and state moratorium on death penalty.
Kamala Harris: 2004: no death penalty for cop killer; 2019: apply to all.
Eddie Melton: Allow some level of marijuana use, and recreational sales.
Woody Myers: Allow some level of marijuana use; not recreational sales.
Ben Sasse: Fought against tougher environmental regulations.
Kendra Horn: 2018 campaign: emphasized her support for public schools.
Energy & Oil|
John Kerry: First on National Security Council to work on climate change.
Tim James: Alabama supported Israel years before 1948 founding.
Joe Biden: No punishment for Saudis killing Jamal Khashoggi.
Rebecca Kleefisch: Promoted trade with Mexico as Lt. Governor.
Timothy Ramthun: Asked legislature to rescind Wisconsin's 10 electoral votes.
Jim Lamon: Signed document falsely claiming to be presidential elector.
Mandela Barnes: Fighting to protect democracy and right to vote.
Leslie Rutledge: OpEd: Lawsuit alleges election challenge was self-serving.
Jeff Bartos: Election not stolen; Trump not to blame for insurrection.
Jeff Bartos: For voter ID, end "no excuse" absentee ballots.
Pete Snyder: Against on-again-off-again regulations on small business.
Mark Kelly: Declined to take a position on eliminating the filibuster.
Mandela Barnes: Has advocated for tighter gun control laws.
Derek Schmidt: Recognize out of state concealed carry permits.
Dave Schatz: Not in favor of funding Medicaid expansion.
Derek Schmidt: COVID: Opposed prisoner vaccines; closing churches, schools.
Derek Schmidt: Elected Attorney-General opposing Affordable Care Act.
Jon Ossoff: COVID: out of control because government ignored science.
Donald Trump: FactCheck: No massive prices cuts for prescription drugs.
Spencer Cox: Supports move to scale back Medicaid expansion.
Gina Raimondo: Close deficit, boost budget of RI Veterans Home.
Jim Lamon: United States should not accept Afghan refugees.
Kim Reynolds: Migrant children not our problem, different under Trump.
Todd Young: Cites support for border wall in re-election announcement.
John Cox: The real, true minimum wage should be zero.
Principles & Values|
Tim James: God granted America authority amongst nations.
Kevin Paffrath: Recall part of a national referendum on Trumpism.
Ron DeSantis: Compels schools to have moment of silence for prayer.
Amy Coney Barrett: Member of the conservative People of Praise faith community.
Martha McSally: It "pisses me off" when Trump attacks John McCain.
Justin Fairfax: Denies two allegations of sexual assault.
Dave Lindstrom: Concerned about growing embrace of socialism.
Jerry Moran: Inflation Reduction Act will raise taxes on working families.
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles distributed by the Associated Press on 2020 races.