Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of LA political races in The New Orleans Times-Picayune
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The New Orleans Times-Picayune (number of quotes indicated):
- Adrian Perkins (1) Democratic nominee for Senate Louisiana
- Bill Cassidy (2) Republican Senator Louisiana
- Bobby Jindal (1) Louisiana Republican 2016 Presidential candidate
- Cedric Richmond (2) Louisiana Public Liaison
- Charles Boustany (1) Louisiana U.S. Trade Representative
- David Vitter (4) Louisiana Republican 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- Eddie Rispone (4) Louisiana Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Foster Campbell (1) Democratic candidate for Senate Louisiana
- Gary Chambers (4) Democratic Senate Challenger Louisiana
- Jay Dardenne (4) Louisiana Republican 2015 Gubernatorial candidate
- John Bel Edwards (4) Louisiana Democratic Governor
- John Breaux (1) Former Democratic incumbent; retired 2004 Louisiana
- John Fleming (2) Republican Senate candidate Louisiana
- John Neely Kennedy (6) Louisiana Republican candidate for governor
- Joseph Cao (2) Republican Senate challenger Louisiana
- Lance Harris (1) Republican U.S. Rep Louisiana-5
- Mary Landrieu (4) Democratic Sr Senator Louisiana
- Rob Maness (2) Republican Challenger Louisiana
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from The New Orleans Times-Picayune:
- On Confirmation Hearings: "For Cedric Richmond, White House outreach to conservatives will be business as usual," by Stephanie Grace, Dec 15, 2020
- 2020-LA-Senate: "Several mayors in Louisiana sign letter urging Congress to act on 'critical' gun bill vote," Aug 8, 2019
- 2016-LA-Senate: on Charles Boustany, Foster Campbell, John Fleming, Joseph Cao, Rob Maness, and John Neely Kennedy, 8/10/2016
- 2016-LA-Senate: on John Neely Kennedy, 1/26/2016
- 2016-LA-Senate: on John Fleming, 12/7/2015
- (On John Bel Edwards): 2015 LA gubernatorial debate, 11/10/2015
- LA-HB1065: "Bill approved by Louisiana Legislature lets optometrists perform some eye surgeries," by Emily Lane, May 22, 2014
- On John Breaux, 12/16/2003
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Bel Edwards: Unblemished anti-abortion voting record.
Budget & Economy|
Eddie Rispone: No specifics on budget cuts; try to control spending.
Gary Chambers: Regrets using "homo" in 2011 tweet, now in different place.
John Neely Kennedy: Affirmative action is a fair chance.
Cedric Richmond: CEO's create jobs & deserve a seat at the table.
David Vitter: Keep state police presence in New Orleans' French Quarter.
Jay Dardenne: Let New Orleans police itself; remove state police sometime.
John Bel Edwards: Let New Orleans police itself; remove state police soon.
Eddie Rispone: Allow use of tax dollars for Christian schools.
Eddie Rispone: Let local boards give raises to individual teachers.
John Bel Edwards: Make charter school creation a local issue; end Common Core.
David Vitter: No federal incentives to get states to adopt Common Core.
Energy & Oil|
Gary Chambers: Supports Green New Deal as good for environment, jobs.
Cedric Richmond: Carbon neutrality by 2050 will require building coalitions.
John Neely Kennedy: Incentives for non-petroleum automobiles are a tax increase.
John Neely Kennedy: More domestic drilling, including in Gulf of Mexico & ANWR.
Mary Landrieu: Member of bipartisan “Gang of 10” for comprehensive oil plan.
Mary Landrieu: Voted against allowing exploration in oil shale in Colorado.
David Vitter: Drafted hurricane protection & flood control bill.
Rob Maness: Reject Katrina aid bill if pork-laden with other projects.
Charles Boustany: 2013: Supported TPP; 2016: too many concessions.
Foster Campbell: TPP is skewed to the advantage of big business.
John Fleming: TPP means open season on American jobs.
John Neely Kennedy: TPP lacks safeguards against currency manipulation.
Joseph Cao: No trade deal with Vietnam due to human rights abuses.
Rob Maness: Criticized TPP for its closed-door negotiations.
David Vitter: Term limits instead of automatic pay raises for Congress.
Jay Dardenne: Don't bring dysfunctional Washington politics to Louisiana.
Adrian Perkins: Urge Senate to act on gun safety legislation.
Eddie Rispone: Temporarily freeze Medicaid enrollment in Louisiana.
Jay Dardenne: Introduced law requiring no-smoking areas in restaurants.
Bobby Jindal: No medical school needed for optometrist eye surgeries.
John Bel Edwards: No medical school needed for optometrist eye surgeries.
Lance Harris: Require medical school for optometrist eye surgeries.
Bill Cassidy: AdWatch: propose ObamaCare-lite plan in state legislature.
Mary Landrieu: Let consumers keep health plans, but only if told options.
Gary Chambers: Cut military budget to pay for Medicare for All.
Gary Chambers: Open to abolishing U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Principles & Values|
Joseph Cao: First Vietnamese-American to serve in Congress.
John Neely Kennedy: I speak my mind, & some politicians call me a troublemaker.
John Fleming: Passionate conservative: Obama doesn't share our values.
Bill Cassidy: Agrees to one runoff debate; more if Obama visits.
John Breaux: Announces retirement in 2004.
John Neely Kennedy: Endorses voluntary private retirement savings accounts.
Mary Landrieu: Credit immigrants for FICA paid while status was illegal.
Welfare & Poverty|
Jay Dardenne: Campaign theme: fight poverty & fix the state budget.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of LA political races in The New Orleans Times-Picayune.