This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
Political Group Survey: the PVS survey question on tax increases to balance the budget
Source: PVS Survey
Project Vote Smart inferred whether candidates agree or disagree with the statement, 'Budget: In order to balance the budget, do you support an income tax increase on any tax bracket?'
PVS self-description: "The Political Courage Test provides voters with positions on key issues. Historically, candidates have failed to complete our test due to the advice they receive from their advisors and out of fear of negative attack ads."
Also see the PVS survey question on corporate taxes as a related survey question; the Christian Coalition survey question on the Death Tax from a similar survey question; and the 2018 PVS survey question on tax increases.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 11.
Question 11: Higher taxes on the wealthy
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Tax Reform
- Headline: Tax to balance budget, according to PVS survey
- Headline 2: Anti-taxation, according to PVS survey
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 20PVS-11A
||s2-||CA03 Former Initiator of Gubernatorial Recall (2003)|| |
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: