This page contains surveys of candidates conducted by organizations interested in the candidates' policy views.
on Sep 9, 2020
Political Group Survey: the PVS survey question on entitlement spending
Source: PVS Survey
Project Vote Smart inferred whether candidates agree or disagree with the statement, 'Budget: Do you support expanding federal funding to support entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare?'
PVS self-description: "The Political Courage Test provides voters with positions on key issues. Historically, candidates have failed to complete our test due to the advice they receive from their advisors and out of fear of negative attack ads."
Also see the PVS survey question on stimulus spending as a related survey question; the AFA survey question on livable income from a similar survey question; and the 2018 CC survey question on Balanced Budget Amendment.
Participating counts on VoteMatch question 6.
Question 6: Privatize Social Security
Scores: -2=Strongly oppose; -1=Oppose; 0=neutral; 1=Support; 2=Strongly support.
- Topic: Social Security
- Headline: Pro-entitlement, according to PVS survey
- Headline 2: Limit entitlements, according to PVS survey
- Key for participation codes:
- Sponsorships: p=sponsored; o=co-sponsored; s=signed
- Memberships: c=chair; m=member; e=endorsed; f=profiled; s=scored
- Resolutions: i=introduced; w=wrote; a=adopted
- Cases: w=wrote; j=joined; d=dissented; c=concurred
- Surveys: '+' supports; '-' opposes.
participating in 20PVS-6
Total recorded by OnTheIssues: